Dr. Cohen Payam DDS, PC is a Certified Facial Aesthetic Practitioner
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal Fillers are for Deep Wrinkles of the Face and Lip Enhancement.
Dermal fillers are used to fill or replace the lost volume in static wrinkles, lines and folds. They do not affect facial muscle contraction. Generally, dermal fillers are used in the treatment of wrinkles, lines, and folds that appear at rest, rather than those that appear during facial expression. Wrinkles due to facial expression are best treated with anti-wrinkle injections. Facial volume loss is one of the key factors in the aging process, and dermal fillers can help to replenish this lost volume and rejuvenate the face.
Dermal fillers can also be used to enhance, define or enlarge lips, and to shape the face by injection into cheeks, chins, and noses.
JUVÉDERM® XC Results
JUVÉDERM® XC Optimal Correction & 1 Year
JUVÉDERM® XC After 2 Weeks
- Dermal fillers can be used to revolumise areas of the face that have lost volume with age, or to change the shape of the face
- Common areas for treatment with dermal fillers include; lips, cheeks, tear troughs, chin, nose, brows, nasolabial folds, mouth corners, and any wrinkles (static wrinkles).
- Filler type we use in our practice are Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane; lasting 6-14 months.
- Permanent fillers have an increased rate of serious complications such as infection and lumps and are not recommended at The Victorian Cosmetic Institute
- Treatment with dermal fillers involve firstly numbing the area to be treated, and then injecting the filler. There are usually some temporary side effects post-treatment, including redness, swelling, asymmetry and bruising.
- Dermal fillers are a safe and effective method of non-surgically rejuvenating the face